I wish! =) Today has simply been such a blessing in so many ways ...

This year, I wanted more of a "low-key" birthday. My life lately has been all about being on the "GO-GO-GO", that all I wanted to do this year was sleep! Something that I can't seem to get enough of. Ha! Ha!

why 21? 
What's so important about 21? 21 just seems to be my "magic age". Not sure if you have ever felt like you were stuck at a certain age - to me, it's 21! =) Plus, it's my birth date!

Even though I age every year, one of things that I feel really blessed about is the fact that I can still relate to those younger than me no matter how old I get. I know that I owe all of this through my service with the Youth Inspired! of the Light of Jesus Community Canda (LOJC). In fact, I owe a lot of my growth to this Community.

August 21
My birthday celebrations actually started early! =) On Friday evening, I had an amazing birthday celebration with three of my most closest family. My Ate Len (my Caring Group Head & the older sister (Ate) I never had), my beautiful God-daughter Julia (Ate Len's princess) and my soon-to-be sister in-law Jomay!

I haven't seen these ladies in a very long time; this was certainly a long overdue dinner! The night started out great!! We had dinner out on the patio, then continued our "catching up" session until 12am! Yes, we love to talk! Ha! Ha! The night was completed with a very yummy red velvet cupcake-cake that Julia and Ate Len chose for me. Thank you!!!


The celebration continued on my actual birth-day. We started the day by attending mass. Then my family and I celebrated with lunch at Mandarin Buffet. It was then followed by a surprise visit by my sisters & brothers from the Youth Inspired!, followed by a nice relaxing movie night. It then continues with a romantic dinner date with my hubby-to-be the following day! =)


"blessed to be LOVED by you ..."

  • My Familia (Mama, Papa, Aiza, Catherine, Lucky, Mika)
Thank you all for your constant love and support for me. Thank you for keeping me grounded and loving me despite of my faults. I couldn't have asked for a better Mama, Papa, Sister 2, Sister 3, daughter (Lucky) and niece (Mika) than you guys!! I am who I am because of you!! I love you!!!

  • My Brothers and Sisters in Christ (Cee, Niques N., Isa, Niques E., Kris, Gelo & Steven)
You are all very special to me. Thank you for making my day even more special with your very sweet surprise!! Thank you for bringing my favourite cake, beautiful flowers and the yummy chocolate/banana ice cream! Thank you for all of your kind words and love. You guys all inspire me to keep on serving Him! I am so proud of the young men and women you all have grown up to be. *tear* ... Man, I'm getting old! LOL!!

  • My friends and family from afar who took the time to message me through Facebook and text messages
Thank you for all of your kind words and greetings. Thank you for making my day even more special!

  • My Fiancé, my best friend, by better-half ...
No words can express how happy you have made me these past nine years. You truly know the meaning behind "unconditional love". 

Again, you always know how to bring happy tears to my eyes. Below is an excerpt from the beautiful message in his loving card (which sings, "When A Man Loves A Woman", written by: Calvin Lewis, Andrew Wright) for me:


"As your fiancé and future husband, I will provide you with my love in many different ways ... take care of you, protect you, have little naughty ones with you, have morning breakfast, sometimes lunch since we both have to work, dinner, cook, clean and most of all love you endlessly. Happy Birthday my loving fiancé."

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you ...

Thank you all for making my birthday memorable in every way!!!

Much love to all of you!!

-Lene

3 Responses so far.

  1. Anne-Marie Penaflor-Tumbagahan says:

    Happy Birthday Arlene! Looks like you had a great weekend This is just the beginning :)

  2. You deserve to be loved! Happy birthday ulit :)

  3. LadyL says:

    Thank you ladies! :)

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts