I have always been on of those people who always try to look at the brighter side of things. Everyday, I try to remember to give thanks for everything that I have.

One of the things that I haven't really put much thought in lately is how grateful I am to have found Mark. Yes, I know, cliché. I'm sure you're thinking "Of course you are! That's why you're marrying him." Ha! Ha!


Source
But I really do want to emphasize why I am grateful for him.

He never gives up!
To Mark, not being together is not an option. From the very beginning, we both agreed that we don't believe in "cool offs" because that leads to breaking up. Whatever struggles we go through, he's always trying to get us to "be in the same boat".

He respects me
in every way. He loves my individuality and how I stand up for what I believe in.  Even when he doesn't agree with him, he respects my opinions just as I respect his. He respects and admires my "old school" Filipino values and traditions.

He is patient
Being in a long distance relationship is never easy. Mark has braved wind, rain, snow, blizzard, all types of weather just so he can see me. In fact in the earlier years of our relationship when we both didn't drive yet, he used to take the bus to come and see me. It would take him a little more than 2 hours to get to my house, then another 2 hours to get home. There were even times when he would miss his stop because he fell asleep. But yet, he never gave up. He did what he needed to do to be able to see me.

He has changed me
for the better of course! =) There is no one who knows of my "init ng ulo" or anger issues than Mark. Yet, he loves me despite of it. He has me helped learn to control my anger and try to turn the whole situation from something negative to a positive.

There are a lot more reasons why I am grateful for him, but I won't bore you anymore. Ha! Ha! I just wanted to take a minute to write down the things that I already knew, but sometimes needs reminding of. Especially when fights come around.

I guess these marriage preparation classes actually help! Ha! Ha!

eSession #2 Update
It didn't happen. =( Last Saturday was a pretty miserable day. It was cold, very windy and had been raining a lot. So we had to re-schedule. It's actually re-scheduled for this Thursday. We're hoping the weather cooperates and we can finally have it done.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

 "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." 

- Sam Keen 

Enjoy the rest of your week! 

-Lene

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts