I can't believe how much time has passed. 280 days left!!! Ahhh!!! Ha! Ha!

After 1 year, 1 month and 10 days of being engaged, here is what I have learned:

  1. Relationship trials and struggles are happening more and more often these days it seems, but at the same time, I feel even more closer to Mark. Maybe it's because of the fact that trials gives us a chance to grow in knowing each other, and learning to love each other more despite the difficulties.
  2. Do-It-Yourself projects are A LOT of work! I am now really thinking twice before I start another one. (Those Save the Dates were a lot more time consuming than I thought. LOL!)
  3. Wedding Forums are a lot of fun! Ha! Ha! Gives brides a place to talk about wedding stuff 24/7 without boring everyone else.
  4. Long Engagements: Seeing the cons of it sometimes. Having a long time to prepare also means a lot of options. It gives you a chance to sometimes second guess your decisions! >_< Arrgghh!! Not good.
  5. When you ask people for opinions, you will get them! Whether you like what you hear or not, you have to accept it. Makes you think twice if you should ask in the first place. LOL!
  6. It's really easy to get side-tracked. When you're planning something that includes a lot little details, it is so easy to get caught up and try doing everything at once. Then you stress yourself out because you have so much to do!
  7. It's SO hard to stay within your budget! There's always something that comes up and you think that you HAVE to have it, then you pause and really think about it and realize you don't. It's easy to get caught up with things.
  8. It's nice when your fiancé is pretty involved with the planning. I'm really blessed in this way. I probably would have gone mental by now if he wasn't there for me.
  9. It's nice to have at least 1 day a week as "No Wedding Planning Day". It's nice to take a break sometimes too. =)
  10. Sometimes I wake up and think to myself: "Is this real? Am I really getting married?". At times I feel like I'm planning this for someone else. When I stop to remember that this is for me, It's exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time! >_<
Today, we're actually celebrating our 9 and a half years of dating! =) In 6 months, we would have been together for 10 years! Ahhh!! How can you really measure 10 years when it feels like 1 year? It's true when they say that time flies when you're having fun!!

"To love and be loved is the greatest joy on earth."

-Lene

    Leave a Reply

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    Popular Posts